Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Unpleasant Surprise in Cebu




I was on my way to my teaching demo in one of the ESL schools here in Cebu. The jeepney driver told me, that there is a low pressure area and it is expected to have a typhoon anytime. Suddenly, it began to rain with strong winds. The jeepney I was riding was in Inayawan at that time. Upon reaching Magallanes Street, I was overwhelmed seeing the street and pedestrian lane covered with dirty, dark water with garbage floating on it. Sad to say, I have no choice but to soak into the dark water and transfer to another jeepney for Mabolo. Though my skin is fragile to dirty substances, its a win-win situation for me. I have to get a new job.My saga that day ended with me, arriving in the ESL school soaking wet and still dripping.

No comments:

Post a Comment